This page lists all tasks that have to be done for a gPodder release.
Testing and release management in the repository
All tests carried out here should be following the Functional tests instructions.
make messagesand then do German translation
- Test if gPodder works for normal and first-time use cases:
# ... test if basic usage works with current data ... mv ~/gPodder ~/gPodder.saved # ... test gPodder (subscribing + downloading) ... rm -rf ~/gPodder mv ~/gPodder.saved ~/gPodder
- Update src/gpodder/__init__.py with new version number, release date and release name
- Update share/gpodder/credits.txt from the Git history
git log gpodder-x.y.(z-1).. | git shortlog | grep -v '^[ ]' | sort -u | sed -e 's/\(.*\) ([^)]*):/\1/g'
- Update translations and manpage:
make messages make manpage
- Make sure manpages have the correct version in their headings:
man share/man/man1/gpodder.1 man share/man/man1/gpo.1
Release notes/website work
- Build the source tarball and release packages
- Upload to http://gpodder.org/src/ and http://gpodder.org/releases/
- Write a post on http://blog.gpodder.org/
- Copy release notes from website and post to the Mailing list
- Update bugtracker metadata
- Notify Debian packager that a new release is available: tony on mancill dot com