MTP (Media Transfer Protocol) supports the transfer of music files on digital audio players and movie files on portable media players
 Helpful commands
- The command lsusb. You should see a line corresponding to your device.
- The command mtp-detect should dump a huge amount of information about your device.
- The command mtp-tracks should list all tracks present on your device.
 Enabling MTP support in gPodder
- Go to Preferences, open the "Player" tab and choose "mtp-based device"
- first, verify that you have libtmp and pymtp working
- run from a shell gPodder --verbose
- send a bug to gPodder including a description on what has happened and the result of the previous command
MTP support has mostly been written by Jérôme Chabod.