Extensions are gPodder's mechanism for adding optional features and allowing easy customizability. Some extensions are already activated by default if you are running a specific environment (e.g. Ubuntu Unity support in gPodder 3 is implemented as an extension).
Default Extensions Included With gPodder
The following extensions are included with gPodder 3:
- Audio Converter - Transcode audio files to mp3/ogg
- Enqueue in media players - Add a context menu item for enqueueing episodes in installed media players
- Gtk Status Icon - Show a status icon for Gtk-based Desktops
- Minimize on start - Minimizes the gPodder window on startup.
- Normalize audio with re-encoding - Normalize the volume of audio files with normalize-audio
- Gtk+ Desktop Notifications - Display notification bubbles for different events.
- Notification Bubbles for Windows - 'Display notification bubbles for different events. (added in git master branch)
- Rename episodes after download - Rename episodes to "<Episode Title>.<ext>" on download
- Remove cover art from OGG files - removes coverart from all downloaded ogg files
- Convert video files to MP4 for Rockbox - Converts all videos to a Rockbox-compatible format
- Sonos - Stream podcasts to Sonos speakers
- Tag downloaded files using Mutagen - Add episode and podcast titles to MP3/OGG tags
- Taskbar Progress - Displays the progress on the Windows taskbar
- Subtitle Downloader for TED Talks - Downloads .srt subtitles for TED Talks Videos
- Ubuntu App Indicator - Show a status indicator in the top bar.
- Ubuntu Unity Integration - Show download progress in the Unity Launcher icon.
- Search for new episodes on startup - Starts the search for new episodes on startup
- Video Converter - Transcode video files to avi/mp4/m4v
- MPRIS Listener - listen to notifications from MPRIS-capable players and translate them to gPodder's Media Player D-Bus API
How To Write Your Own Extension